Independent Contractors and/or Employees:
1. As a condition of employment, all personnel shall be asked to sign a Confidentiality Letter in which they agree to devote their best efforts to Caring For Seniors Home Care and not, directly or indirectly, be engaged in or connected with any other commercial pursuits whatsoever without written authorization of the management staff of the agency.
2. No patient, commercial, financial or technical information, ideas, know-how, patient/client lists, procedure manuals, contracts, policies, medical records or other materials concerning business practices (collectively referred to as “Confidential Information” Shall not be, directly or indirectly, discussed with or disclosed to any person except as required in the course of employment or pursuant to court order.
3. Any and all patient information, notes, diagrams, descriptions, reports, notebook pages, memorandums and other writings received from any Agency and any copies containing confidential information shall remain the property of and on the premises unless removal is required in the course of employment or prior written consent is received from the Agency.
4. No position or material financial interest shall be held, directly or indirectly, in any outside concern from which the Agency secures goods or services or that provides services competitive with the Agency.
5. No competition shall be engaged in, directly or indirectly with Caring For Seniors Home Care in the purchase or sale of property or property rights, interests or services, nor shall any independent contractor and/or employee serve as a Director, manager or consultant to any competitor of Caring For Seniors Home Care
6. During the term of employment and during the hours of work for which compensation is being received, the independent contractor and/or employee shall devote all his/her time, attention, knowledge and skills solely to the business and interests of the Agency.
7. During the term of employment, the independent contractor and/or employee shall not be interested, directly or indirectly, in any manner as partner, officer, director, stockholder, advisor, and employee or in any other capacity in any business similar to the Agency without the consent of the Agency.
8. Any independent contractor and/or employee found to have a conflict as described above and who has not received the consent or approval of the Administrator shall be dismissed for cause and all accrued benefits shall be forfeited.
9. In the event that employment is terminated for any reason, for a period of one year from the date of termination within the state of Maryland the independent contractor and/or employee shall not, directly or indirectly, either by act or in concert with others:
• attempt to employ or solicit for employment competitive with the Agency, or any of the Agency’s personnel• seek to influence any independent contractor and/or employee to leave the employment of Caring For Seniors Home Care and or patient to terminate services provided by Caring For Seniors Home Care
10. In the event of any breach of the prior representations by an independent contractor and/or employee in violation of his/her obligation as an agent of Caring For Seniors Home Care, compensation shall be made by the violator for the direct or indirect losses incurred thereby.
11. Such compensation shall not be construed to limit or exclude any other remedies that might become available to Caring For Seniors Home Care, nor shall any compensation entitle the independent contractor and/or employee to further breach the representations.
***** Please Sign and Date, acknowledging that you have received*****